Saturday 26 May 2012

Thoughts: Sleek MakeUP Ultra Matte Dark Palette v2 + |Swatches|

Hey beauties!!! Hope you all had a good week and enjoying this sunny weekend. It is finally summer here in the UK and it is hella hot..can't say am loving the heat though.
On to this post...A few weeks ago, Sleek MakeUP released two new i-Divine eye shadow palettes called Ultra Mattes v1(brights) and v2(Darks) palette. I love matte eye shadows so when I heard about these two palettes, I knew they have to be in my collection. As with previous palettes, they come in a matte black casing with the Sleek logo embossed in front with 12 eye shadows each containing 1.1g of product. 
            Top row (L-R): Orbit, Ink, Highness,Noir,Dune,Pillow Talk
              Bottom row (L-R): Thunder, Maple, Flesh,Paper Bag, Villan, Fern

Instead of ordering online, I decided to go in store and swatch the colours and I am  so happy I did. I was disappointed with the colour pay off of the shadows from the "Brights" palette so decided to get just the "Darks" palette as it is more versatile and will be more useful to me. 

Below are swatches of the Darks palette:
                        Thunder &Orbit                      Maple & Ink                   Flesh & Highness
         


 Paper Bag & Noir                                                     Villan & Dune                              Fern & Pillow Talk
             
                                                                  
These colours were swatched without any base/primer and has great pigmentation but some of them has greater colour pay off than others which is expected in a palette. Unfortunately as these are matte, there's a great deal of fall out but this doesn't bother me at all. If you can't deal with fall outs then you can use paper towel to catch the fall outs or apply your eye makeup before your face makeup. 

I will definitely recommend this palette. It is a good value for money (retails for £7.00) and perfect for creating various looks which will be perfect for the Summer sun.

so what do you think of the Sleek Ultra mattes palette? and if you have the Brights palette please let me know of your experience with it as I am considering getting it as well.


Beny

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll love to know what you think so please leave a comment