Tuesday 19 June 2012

FOTD: Yellow, Paches + Cream

Hey beauties!!! Hope you all had a great weekend?
This  look was loosely inspired by the one and only King Bey. This was one of the many fierce looks she wore for her Countdown video (see here) so I decided to recreate a toned down version suitable for everyday. 
For the eyes, I used a matte yellow e/s (Inglot) and a dark brown from the Sleek matte palette. You'll definitely need a good primer and a base as yellow e/s need a lot of packing on and pressing to get a good color pay off. I used NYX jumbo pencil (milk) but I would suggest using a yellow base as this will give a more intense bright yellow but I worked with what I had. 
After applying the base on the lid only, I cut my crease with a dark brown pencil then started the tedious process of packing the yellow on to the base. I blended out the brown pencil with the matte brown e/s towards my brown bone which i highlighted using honey spice e/s (Mary Kay).
For the lips, I decided on a nude/coral lip and paired NYX mauve lip pencil with Sleek's peaches and cream lipstick. 
Alright beauties, let me know what you think of this look and if you know of any extremely pigmented yellow e/s out there, please let me know


Have a great day....
xoxo
Beny





1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love the look I love yellow eyeshadows, I use MAC's Chrome Yellow it's extremely pigmented. I just followed, follow back? I'd really appreciate it. xxx

    http://emilyfierce.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete

I'll love to know what you think so please leave a comment