Tuesday 20 March 2012

My 5 Fab Red Lipsticks under £5

Hi beauties

As the post title suggests, I will be sharing with you my top 5 red lipsticks under £5. If you peep through my lipstick collection, most of the colours you'll see will be red. I love red lipsticks; they are an all year round perfect colour suitable for every occasion and I love wearing it. 

Here are my top 5 "purse-friendly" red lippies:


  1. Sleek Makeup True Colour Lipstick "Stiletto" - a bright matte lipstick, retails for £4.00 and can be found at Superdrugs or Sleek website.
  2. Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick "Rose Passion" - as the name suggests, this keeps your lips moisturised. retails for £6.29 at Boots but can be purchased from ebay for £3.00 including p&p.
  3. MakeUp Academy (MUA) Lipstick "shade 13" - retails for £1.00 and can be found at Superdrug only. 
  4. Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick "Rouge Passion/Passion Red" - I purchased mine during a sale at Wilkinsons about 2 years ago. Can't seem to find it in Boots or Superdrug but you'll definitely find it on ebay. normally retails for £5.29  but can be found for as little as £1.59 here.  
  5. Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick "Diva Red" - same as rose passion (see above).
Pros - these lippies are extremely affordable and perfect for us divas on a budget,they all have a good colour payoff especially stiletto and MUAs shade 13 and they all apply smoothly without tugging the lips. Oh the Rimmel ones smell nice as well.

Cons - apart from stiletto, the others don't stay on as long as I would like so I have to keep reapplying but I really don't mind. 
Top L-R: rose passion (Rimmel), shade 13 (MUA), diva red (RImmel)
Bottom L-R: passion red (Maybelline & Stiletto (Sleek.

Have you tried any of these lipsticks? If not, what other affordable red lipstick do you own?



Beny

2 comments:

  1. Love this type of post - For a budget red with staying power I love Collection 2000 in Cherry Pop.

    Ria x
    miniinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. MUA Shade 13 is also a love forme. I absolutely love the formula

    ReplyDelete

I'll love to know what you think so please leave a comment